The Women’s Centre of Calgary is seeking a Reconciliation Program Coordinator to fill a part-time, one-year position. (There is the possibility to combine this position with another project to make a full-time, one-year position.) The Centre is an open, supportive team environment with a strong community-based focus on social justice.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Reconciliation Program Coordinator will oversee the Women’s Centre’s (WC) Reconciliation strategy and work to:
- Develop and share strategies and best practices to promote the inclusion of Indigenous women’s leadership in WC programs, services and community;
- Recruit Indigenous volunteers, match them to existing Centre volunteer opportunities, and create new roles to meet volunteer needs and interests;
- Develop and facilitate a training workshop for all volunteers on Indigenous practices and issues;
- Work closely with other WC staff and volunteers to foster participation and leadership for Indigenous women in all areas of the WC;
- Act as community liaison to build strategic relationships in Calgary;
The successful candidate will have many, or all, of the below qualifications:
- Knowledge of Reconciliation in a Calgary/Alberta context;
- In-depth understanding of the history, location and cultural diversity of Indigenous people in Alberta;
- Have experience working with Indigenous groups, communities, and Indigenous-serving agencies;
- Possess critical awareness of the nature and root causes of complex issues such as gender inequality and issues experienced by Indigenous communities in Canada;
- Minimum 4 years experience working in a non-profit, or post-secondary education combined with a minimum of 2 years experience;
- Ability to accommodate an evening work schedule;
- Experience working with volunteers;
Knowledge of Blackfoot or Cree an asset.
This position is 24 hours a week at a wage of $30 per hour.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Learn more about the Centre by visiting our website: https://www.womenscentrecalgary.org/careers/
The Women’s Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from Indigenous populations to apply. The Women’s Centre offers competitive health, benefit and vacation packages to employees.
Application will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Contact: Sarelle Azuelos
Organization: Women’s Centre of Calgary
Contact number: 403-264-1155