YOUTH COURT WORKER Calgary, Alberta
Competition No. 1790
Closing Date: April 5th 2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Aboriginal individuals, families and communities since 1970. NCSA is currently accepting resumes for an individual to work with youth attending court and provide support throughout the process within Calgary and surrounding area. The youth court worker will ensure clients understand court procedures, expectations and will advocate/ speak on behalf of the client. The youth court worker will also act as a liaison between the client, courts and other community supports to address the client’s needs. Additional training will be provided.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of grade 12 education or combination of education and work experience.
- Previous court work experience will be a definite asset.
- Strong knowledge of community resources and able to follow agency’s philosophy, mandate and values.
- A good command of the English language both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with clients, the Aboriginal community, the Justice System and other community organizations.
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours with minimum supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with required liability insurance for the position.
- Computer based word processing skills essential.
- Must provide recent Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check and Driver’s Abstract (obtained less than 30 days).
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System and court procedures is an asset.
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language to the area would be an asset.
Please forward resume to:
Manager, Human Resources
Native Counselling Services of Alberta
14904- 121 A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5V 1A3
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.