Full Time Position – Edmonton, Alberta
Competition No. 1816
Closing Date: September 17th.2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Aboriginal individuals, families and communities since 1970.
NCSA currently is seeking an individual to provide support and referral services to participants in the Family Life Improvement Program. The successful applicant will have previous experience working with adults, building connections to organizations and services to enhance capacity in providing services specific to adults.
This individual should have a strong work ethic with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines and support individuals in making positive changes to their lives. This is a challenging position with internal training provided.
- Social Work Degree and/or related human resource field and/or extensive experience with multi barrier individuals and their families.
- Experience in providing one to one supports and referrals with demonstrated ability to work with community agencies.
- Strong coordination, organizational, planning and problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous knowledge and experience in case recording practices.
- Good working knowledge of computers and their programs.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license with required liability insurance suitable for the position and provide a Driver’s Abstract.
- Must provide recent Criminal Record Check, Child Intervention Record Check.
- Must learn NCSA Resiliency Model and agree to be fully immersed in the model with all interactions with clients and staff.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal people, their culture, traditions and values would be a definite asset.
Please forward resume, covering letter to:
Manager, Human Resources
Native Counselling Services of Alberta
14904 – 121 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5V 1A3
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.