LOCATION: Lac La Biche, Alberta
Competition No. 1814
Closing Date: September 2, 2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Aboriginal individuals, families and communities since 1970.
NCSA is currently seeking an individual to provide support to former Indian Residential School (IRS) students and their family members to safely address issues related to their experience in IRS.
We are looking for an individual that is reliable, with the ability to work alone or in a team environment and committed to making a difference in individuals and families.
This individual should have a strong work ethic and the ability to work flexible schedule, occasional travel within the mandate of the organization maybe required. Monthly additional training provided.
- BSW Degree and/or knowledge and experience working in the mental health service delivery or counselling field.
- Previous experience working with Indigenous people, knowledge of their culture, language and a range of diverse cultures is required.
- Comfortable learning and observing Indigenous protocols, experience working with Elders in a culturally appropriate environment is a requirement.
- Excellent organizational time management skills with the ability to take initiative as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must provide up to date criminal record check, intervention record check, drivers abstract.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with the required insurance two million liability and able to carry passengers when required for the position
Please forward resume, covering letter to:
Manager, Human Resources
Native Counselling Services of Alberta
14904 -121 A Avenue Edmonton, Alberta T5V 1A3 Telephone/Fax: 780-482-7893
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.