Competition No. 1876
Closing Date: July 28th.2020
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic, non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Aboriginal individuals, families and communities since 1970. NCSA currently has a position for a Family Court Worker in Calgary and surrounding area. This individual will assist clients in Family court explaining their rights, options and responsibilities. This individual should have a strong work ethic, non-judgmental and work within the mandate of the organization. Additional training will be provided. This position is for maternity leave cover off.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Social Work Degree and or extensive experience working within the local Indigenous community.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, and take initiative as required.
- Ability to interact with clients, the Indigenous community, Justice System personnel and other community organizations and strengthen professional working relationships.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, provide recent Criminal Record check, Child Intervention Check and drivers abstract.
- Must have a reliable vehicle with required insurance for the position.
- Knowledge of the Children’s Services, Family Court
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the historic and current issues within the Indigenous communities resulting in overrepresentation in the criminal justice system.
- Must learn NCSA Resiliency Model and agree to be fully immersed in the model with all interactions with clients and co-workers.
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language to the area would be an asset.
Please forward resume and Covering Letter to:
Manager Human Resources
Native Counselling Services of Alberta
14904 – 121 A Avenue
Phone/fax: 780-451-4002 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org