Alberta Competition No. 1802
Expiry: July 2nd.2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Indigenous individuals, families and communities since 1970. NCSA is accepting resumes for a dual court worker position to assist individuals in both criminal and family court in Athabasca. This individual will explain client’s rights, options and responsibilities in either criminal or family court. The court worker will ensure clients understand court proceedings, expectations and will advocate/speak on behalf of the clients. This individual will also act as a liaison between the clients, courts and other community supports to address the client’s needs. This is a four day a week, challenging position with ongoing internal training provided
- Extensive experience working with and understanding of the Indigenous Peoples of the area, comfortable learning and observing cultural protocol.
- Minimum of grade 12 education or combination of education and work experience.
- General knowledge of the court systems, community agencies and resources in Athabasca and surrounding area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills with the ability to take initiative as required.
- Demonstrated understanding of historic trauma and impact of colonization on Indigenous people.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work flexible hours when required with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with clients, the Indigenous community, the Justice system and other community resources.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with the required liability insurance for the position.
- Must provide recent police check, child intervention check prior to hire.