Competition No. 1801
Closing Date: July 2. 2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Aboriginal individuals, families and communities since 1970. NCSA currently is seeking an individual to provide support and referral services to participants in the Indigenous Housing First program who want to make positive changes in their life. The successful applicant will have previous experience working with adults, building connections to organizations and services to enhance capacity in providing services specific to adults. We are looking for an individual who ants to learn ad grow with a positive outlook, team player. This is a challenging position with internal training provided.
- Social Work Degree and/or related human resource field and/or extensive experience with multi barrier individuals and their families.
- Experience in providing one to one supports and referrals with demonstrated ability to work with community agencies.
- Must have extensive working knowledge of Indigenous people, their culture, language and a diverse range of cultures.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills with the ability to take initiative as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrated understanding of historic trauma and impact of colonization on Indigenous people.
- Confidence with the ability to exercise independent judgement on a day to day basis.
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must provide up to date criminal record check, child intervention check, driver’s abstract prior to hire.
- Must have current driver’s license, a reliable vehicle with required insurance for the position.