Administrative Assistant Edmonton, Alberta
Competition No. 1812
Closing Date: August 14th, 2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Indigenous individuals, families and communities since 1970. NCSA currently has a position for an organized administrative professional with the flexibility to perform a variety of general responsibilities including but not limited to ensuring accurate monthly statistical information. Additional responsibilities include account payable requisitions, responsible for travel logistics for managers and various staff, assisting with the annual general meeting and other training/meetings. This individual is expected to cross train and perform cover-off duties as assigned by management including covering reception from time to time. You will be interacting with a number of stakeholders including acting as a liaison between staff and I.T. You will be trained on the Court Work database and will be responsible to assist staff regarding any questions, concerns they may have and will involve some travel throughout the Province. This is a permanent full time position.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Administrative Diploma and/or previous work experience in the administrative field is a definite asset.
- Ability to deal with colleagues and community in a professional and courteous manner and to develop and strengthen professional working relationships.
- Confidence with ability to exercise independent judgement in managing the activities of the office on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong computer skills with accurate typing of 50 wpm. Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook) plus internet knowledge.
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license with required liability insurance with the ability to travel.
- Up to date Criminal Record Check, Driver’s Abstract. Child Intervention check.
- Must have extensive working knowledge of Indigenous people, their culture, language and a diverse range of cultures.
Please forward resume and covering letter to:
Manager Human Resources
Native Counselling Services of Alberta
14904- 121 A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5V 1A3
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for a interview will be contacted