Competition No. 1797
Closing Date: June 12th, 2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Indigenous individuals, families and communities since 1970. NCSA currently has a position for an organized administrative professional with an interest in positively influencing clients and co-workers in our Edmonton Regional Office. Your ability to build rapport quickly and respectfully while redirecting various stakeholders to appropriate contacts is essential. You will provide a wide range of administrative supports including but not limited to drafting correspondence, proofreading, tracking action requests. This is a one-year contract position.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Administrative Diploma and/or previous work experience, as an administrative field is a definite asset.
- Ability to deal with colleagues and community in a professional and courteous manner and to develop and strengthen professional working relationships.
- Confidence with ability to exercise independent judgement in managing the activities of the office on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent computer skills with accurate typing of 50wpm, attention to detail, handling multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license with required liability insurance.
- Up to date Criminal Record Check, Driver’s Abstract. Child Intervention check.
- Extensive working knowledge of Indigenous people, their culture, language and a diverse range of cultures is a asset.
Please forward resume Manager Human Resources
and covering letter to:
Native Counselling Services of Alberta
14904- 121 A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5V 1A3
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for a interview will be contacted