FAMILY COURT WORKER
High Level, Alberta
Competition No. 1794
Closing Date: June 7th, 2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic, non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Aboriginal individuals, families and communities since 1970. NCSA currently has a position for a Family Court Worker in High Level and surrounding area. This individual will assist clients in Family court explaining their rights, options and responsibilities. This individual should have a strong work ethic, non-judgmental and work within the mandate of the organization. Additional training provided.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Social Work Degree and or extensive experience working within the local Indigenous community.
- Ability to deal with clients and community in a professional and courteous manner and to develop and strengthen professional working relationships.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, and take initiative as required.
- Ability to interact with clients, the Indigenous community, Justice System personnel and other community organizations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; provide recent Criminal Record check, Child Intervention Check and drivers abstract.
- Must have a reliable vehicle with required liability insurance for the position.
- Knowledge of the Children’s Services, Family Court is an asset.
- Must learn NCSA Resiliency Model and agree to be fully immersed in the model with all interactions with clients and co-workers.
Please forward resume to:
Manager Human Resources
Native Counselling Services of Alberta
14904 – 121 A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5V 1A3
We thank all applicants in advance. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.