CRIMINAL COURT WORKER
Competition No. 1791
Closing Date: April 12th.2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Aboriginal individuals, families and communities since 1970. NCSA is currently accepting resumes for an individual to assist clients in Criminal Court on a daily basis within Wetaskiwn and area. This individual will explain client’s rights, options and responsibilities. The Court Worker will ensure clients understand court proceedings, expectations and will advocate/speak on behalf of the clients. This individual will also act as a liaison between the clients, courts and other community supports to address the client’s needs. This is a contract position with additional training provided.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a strong understanding of historical trauma, language and a diverse range of Indigenous cultures.
- Ability to exercise discretion, compassion, empathy and maintain confidentiality.
- A good command of the English language both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with clients, the Indigenous community, the Justice System and other community organizations.
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours with minimum supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with required liability insurance for the position.
- Computer based word processing skills essential.
- Must provide recent Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check and Driver’s Abstract (obtained less than 30 days).
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System and court procedures is an asset.
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language to the area is an asset.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Human Resources
Native Counselling Services of Alberta
14904- 121 A Avenue
Telephone/ Fax: 780-482-7892
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.