Living Unit Officer
BUFFALO SAGE WELLNESS HOUSE
Competition No. 1789
Closing Date: April 5th.2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Aboriginal individuals, families and communities since 1970. NCSA is currently looking for individual(s) to work within our team as a Living Unit Officer (security) at Buffalo Sage Wellness House in Edmonton, Alberta. Under the direction of the Coordinator of Residential Services, this individual should have a strong work ethics with the ability to work flexible schedules within the mandate of the organization. Additional training will be provided. This position is for overnight relief.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have previous work experience and knowledge of Aboriginal communities/culture.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; provide driver’s abstract, criminal record check and child intervention record upon hire.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work alone and within a team environment.
- Must be prepared to work overnight relief shifts with excellent time management skills, with the ability to communicate both verbal and written.
- Minimum education grade 12 with previous experience working in the Aboriginal Community and Corrections would be a definite asset.
- Knowledge of the National Parole Board, Correctional Services Canada and Correctional Release Act a definite asset.
- Awareness/knowledge of the historical and current issues within our Aboriginal Society, which have resulted in Aboriginal over representation within the Correctional Justice System.
Please forward resume to Manager Human Resources
Native Counselling Services of Alberta
14904- 121A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5V 1A3
We thank all applicants in advance. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.