Native Counselling Services Of Alberta
Manager of Legal Education
Full Time Position
Competition No. 1788
Closing Date: March 25th.2019
Native Counselling Services of Alberta (NCSA) is a diverse, dynamic, non-government organization that is committed to the holistic wellness and equitable treatment of Alberta’s Indigenous individuals, families and communities since 1970.
- Oversee the operation of BearPaw Legal Education and BearPaw media to ensure:
- the production of high quality, cost effective, culturally specific legal education video, publications, brochures, workshops and website;
- legal education needs of NCSA staff, clients, social/justice system personnel and the Indigenous community are met; and
- projects are completed on time and in accordance to contracted budget.
- Staff recruitment, orientation, coaching and evaluation.
- Monitor production and community engagement work plans.
- Complete legal education research and evaluation.
- Prepare legal education content in accessible language.
- Complete small-scale community-based research to determine future projects.
- Prepare program reports.
- Degree in Law is preferred. A PhD or master’s degree in a complimentary field would be considered with research experience.
- Experience producing educational resources will be an asset.
- Demonstrates superior administrative and organizational skills; highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid Alberta driver’s license with reliable transportation and required liability insurance for the position.
- Extensive knowledge of Indigenous people, their culture, traditions and values.
- Ability to speak an Indigenous language is an asset.
Please forward electronic resume, covering letter to:
Manager Human Resources
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.