Indigenous Climate Action (ICA) is looking for someone with passion, who enjoys working on a team, setting precedents, and is committed to true Indigenous Climate Justice to serve as its Audio/Video Editor in a REMOTE contracted position.
ICA has no centralized office and all staff and employees work from various locations across the country.
At ICA we inspire climate action by centering Indigenous nationhood and autonomy as a primary climate solution. ICA provides tools for our communities, promotes sustainable ways of life and uplifts our solutions and voices within the climate crisis. As Indigenous Peoples, we must realize that we are our own experts.
Together we support a world with sovereign and thriving Indigenous Peoples and cultures leading climate justice for all. For more information go to our website.
The role of the Audio/Video Editor is to work with the Director of Communications (DoC) and Indigenous Climate Action team to produce audio/video materials for ICA. This is incredibly important work for the storytelling that ICA does and is integral to our pillar of amplifying voices.
This person will be responsible for editing audio files for ICA’s podcast and creating short videos on an as-needed basis. They will work closely with the Director of Communications and other members of the communications team to merge, edit, and finalize podcast materials and video content to maintain high sound quality, clarity, and branding.
The Audio/Video Editor’s duties are as follows:
- manipulate and edit video pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the video
- input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- create rough and final cuts
- ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- edit audio, add clips, splice clips, process with enhancements
- upload and download to server
- be able to diagnose technical issues
- ensure quality of audio
- turn around finished product quickly, with formatting for social media platforms (i.e. IGTV)
- “cleaning,” merging, cutting, and pasting audio tracks and recordings
- work with ICA team, particularly Communications Director, to create “jingles,” intros, and outros for podcasts
- providing additional audio editing support for projects on an as needed basis