Family Centre Society of Southern Alberta Group Facilitator Position All My Relations – Niitsitapiiminooniks
1 FTE (35 hrs/week) until March 31, 2020
Family Centre is a community-based, registered charity that provides families in Lethbridge and Southwestern Alberta with caring and respectful family support. This is done through a comprehensive range of prevention and early intervention services for children, youth, adults, parents and other family members. Family Centre is recognized as a Government of Alberta Parent Link Centre.
All My Relations (formerly Supporting Father Involvement-First Nations) is an 11-week group based program. The goals include: increased positive father-child involvement, prevention of family violence and strengthening of couple and co-parenting relationships, enable children to thrive, strengthen the system of local service providers to serve Indigenous fathers. We offer this program through our partners Opokaa’sin Early Intervention Society and Kainaiwa Children’s Services Corporation.
The successful applicant will be responsible for program facilitation, supporting group members and promoting the role of Indigenous fathers. This position will work closely with the Indigenous Program Coordinator and receive the training necessary. This position requires 2 evening shifts/week (1:00-9:00 pm) with the rest day shifts (8:30 am-4:30 pm), Monday to Friday, with some flexibility.
- A Diploma or Degree in Human Services related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of child development, parenting and family dynamics
- Experience working with Indigenous families, particularly fathers
- Group facilitation experience
- Working knowledge of local community resources and experience providing appropriate referrals to individuals in need
- Ability to network and build working relationships with other individuals and agencies
- Computer skills and literacy
- Current First Aid Certificate (within the past 3 years), Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Record Check (within the past 6 months), Police Record Check incl. vulnerable sector (within the past 6 months)
The salary for this position will be between $20.25/hr and $21.98/hr depending on education.
To apply, please forward cover letter and resume in electronic format via email to:
Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2019
Please visit www.famcentre.ca for more information about our organization.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.