|The Alberta Restorative Justice Association is proudly hosting the 14th annual Alberta Restorative Justice Conference on November 19 – 20, 2020; on the international stage through the use of a virtual platform. This year’s conference will continue the tradition of providing thought provoking and challenging discussions on topics related to the transformative potential of restorative justice in communities.|
The theme this year is Restorative Justice: Community, Collaboration, Commitment. Restorative justice is constantly evolving and improving how the world deals with harm and conflict, and it is not just limited to the criminal justice system. We believe that restorative justice can be applied in a variety of ways to address diverse situations anytime, anyplace, and anywhere!
Topics of interest that might address the theme include:
– Restorative justice approaches to issues in different cultural contexts
– Victim participation in restorative justice
– Restorative justice in the criminal justice system, in schools, and in the community
– Restorative justice in Canada and abroad
– Restorative justice in everyday life
– Lessons learned and best practices
– Restorative justice and “real life empowering experiences” that inspire
– Adapting Restorative Justice to a virtual realm
This list is not exhaustive. All ideas that might examine restorative justice in the context of community, collaboration and commitment are welcome and will be duly considered.
– Presentations will last a maximum of 60 minutes.
– Presentations will take place in Mountain Time.
– While presenters can be from anywhere in the world, time of presentation will accommodate Mountain Time Zone.
– Presenters will be required to participate in presentation rehearsals & virtual platform training
Completed forms must be submitted by July 24, 2020.
– Submissions will be reviewed and selected with an eye to diversity in regard to topics and kinds of presentations, expertise, relevance and tools that can be applied to the practice of restorative justice.
– Applicants will be informed of the planning committee’s decision by: Aug 7, 2020.
Submissions will be completed online through our website.
– For more presentation details and to submit your workshop, click the link below!